Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BACKSPACE and DELETE

I just got finished typing some messages on Facebook. I was noticing how I was being very careful with my choice of words. I would type something and then read it and think about how it sounded. If my words did not communicate what I wanted to say in the way that I wanted to then I could easily make changes in the words I used.

Photograph by Chance Agrella

As I was making corrections on my messages, I began to think about how cool it was to be able to pick and choose my written words carefully by easily being able to make changes quickly by using the backspace key and also deleting. As I would make changes in my written text, I began to think that it was really wonderful to be able to easily change my words and I was wishing sometimes that I could have a delete and backspace button with my spoken words.

Have you heard that saying, "Open your mouth and insert foot." Have you noticed that you sometimes say things and then wish you could take it back? Are you like me in that you wish you could have a delete and backspace button for your spoken words? Do you remember hearing these words, "think before you speak?"

Unfortunately, we do not have a delete or backspace button for our spoken words however, we can take time to carefully choose our words by listening well and thinking before we speak. The next time you are communicating with your spoken words don't forget to take some time and listen well, think, consider and then share your insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment