Thursday, January 13, 2011

We All Make These...

We all have many things in common. We do similar things like driving, shopping, dishwashing, laughing, playing and working. We also all make choices and decisions. 



Sometimes we make good choices and sometimes we make poor choices. We all have some things that we can make decisions about. Some things are easier to choose and decide about than others. Our decisions can definitely make a difference in our outcomes.

I was out with meetings today and decided to eat lunch near my meeting places. I had two places that I wanted to eat. One was Monterey Mexican restaurant and the other was Whole Foods grocery (where they also have a hot bar).  I like cheesy quesadillas, enchiladas and burritos. However, I have been working on making better choices and decisions with my eating so to my surprise I chose to eat brussels sprouts at Whole Foods grocery.

Brussels sprouts aren’t one of my favorite vegetables however definitely a good choice.  I still had a little serving of macaroni and cheese on my hot bar plate. (I think you can tell that I must really like cheese.) Overall, my choices for lunch were much better at Whole Foods than they would have been at the Mexican restaurant. I felt really good about my decision to eat healthier at lunch. I also know that it was a good decision for me.

My decision for where to eat lunch was a small one. But I think that making good decisions and choices with the smaller things helps us to make good decisions and choices with the bigger things. Are you choosing well? How are your decisions and choices affecting your outcomes?

4 comments:

  1. Great post Vicki! I never looked at it that way. You are right about the little decisions. If we can't make little decisions as to what to eat to stay healthier, then it just might be difficult to make those bigger business decsisions. I find having a full stomach makes any decision easier!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, thanks for your comment. I appreciate your affirmation. Keep making good little decisions!

    Enjoy! Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, great perspective. For me, making positive little decisions requires me to stay conscious minute by minute which can be a huge undertaking! When I am aware and conscious in a moment, I feel the most peace because i know I'm making decisions based on my true desire, not just a whim or a conditioned response from my past.
    Sheryl
    :)
    www.awakenedmarketer.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheryl, I enjoyed reading your comments. May things continue to go well for you as you make your conscious decisions. I've enjoyed seeing your work and you can be encouraged that you are definitely making some good decisions. Keep up the good work! Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete