Friday, February 11, 2011

I was a BIG GIRL!

Have you ever had to buy clothes from a store that sells clothes for PLUS sized women? LANE BRYANT, JUST MY SIZE and WOMAN WITHIN are the names of a few stores where you can buy PLUS sized women's clothing. Don’t the names JUST MY SIZE and WOMAN WITHIN scream the words overweight and large to you?


When you Google PLUS size women's clothing, these words are used to describe these clothes: TRENDY, FASHIONABLE, STYLISH and FLATTERING. When you search Google for MISSES clothing you do not see any of these words used to describe the clothing. Why is that?

It seems that wonderful adjectives must be used to help you feel better about wearing BIG SIZED clothing. I was a BIG GIRL! I had to wear PLUS sized clothing. At my largest size, I wore a size 20 Womens. How did this happen to me? Due to an injury my body is immobile and I cannot move easily, so I have a very sedentary life. In my late 20s, I had a spinal cord injury and have spent the last 18 years unable to move like I once could.

With the loss of my body and some other former privileges, I did not make the best eating choices and I ate what I liked (cheese, pasta, bread & butter, more cheese and don't forget the ice cream). I also experienced some uncomfortable health challenges which also hindered my ability to be disciplined in making good choices. Over the last several years I have exercised regularly and changed my eating habits but I could not get the weight off even with making better choices.

After using Mannatech products, I began to feel better . As I felt better and continued to exercise and eat well. I began to realize that I was a BIG GIRL and was ready to do something about it. Today, I can wear a size 12 MISSES clothing. How did this happen to me? I added to my regiment the Mannatech products OSOLEAN and GLYCOSLIM Meal Replacement Shake and continue to exercise regularly and eat well. I am losing fat while staying healthy and protecting my lean muscle.

Now that I am a smaller woman, I wear clothes that do make me feel TRENDY, FASHIONABLE, STYLISH and FLATTERING. I am SKINNIER in MY JEANS and it FEELS GREAT to LIVE WELL. Are you tired of being a PLUS sized woman or man? Take a look at the tab titled SKINNY IN MY JEANS for more information and to order OSOLEAN.

I AM NOT A BIG GIRL ANYMORE! I am SKINNY IN MY JEANS and O so LEAN!
You can do this too! :)

8 comments:

  1. Good for you! Setting a goal and achieving it! You are a true inspiration to others. Keep going :)
    Glad to have connected with you on the TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Vicki. I was in a bad car wreck and had 7 broken bones in my right leg/foot. I can't run or jump, but I try to walk as much as possible. I have gone from a size 14 to a size 10 in the past year. I will check out the OSOLEAN products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha,
    Thanks for your sweet words! It's great to connect with you on the TLC as well. There are a lot of really neat people participating in this with us. Keep feeling great and living well!

    Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janette, thanks for sharing. Doesn't it feel great to be wearing a size 10? I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work! You can learn more about how to get Osolean by clicking the Osolean container on the upper right hand side of this blog. It's great that you are trying to keep lean. Let me know how I can be of service to you.

    Feel Great,
    Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big salute to your dedication and spirit! You just prove that there is nothing unachievable...all you need is determination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! My husband and I have been dieting! It's tough! May have to check out this product! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer, it's great that you and your husband are working on eating well. Osolean will definitely be a help to what you are already doing. You can order Osolean on the top right hand corner of this page. Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

    Enjoy!
    Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Vicki for sharing your story and although I didn't have to go through the painful injury you had, I too gained a lot of weight when I had our son. Being short doesn't help when you add pounds. Fortunately, like you, I was determined to change my lifestyle to a more healthy choices. So I applaud you and your achievements. Wishing you the very best and glad that we connected thru TLC Club!

    ReplyDelete