Wednesday, January 19, 2011

GO GET IT!

The Pursuit of Happyness in an excellent movie. If you haven’t seen it yet, then I highly recommend that you do. This movie is based on a true story about a gentleman named Christopher Gardner.  Christopher Gardner is a man who was homeless.  He and his son had to spend the night in public restrooms because they had no place to live. Even with these challenging circumstance, he ends up becoming a very successful businessman who has made millions of dollars.

I watched several video clips from this movie on You Tube.  I remember one scene where Chris Gardner is on the phone making cold calls. When I saw this clip, I began to think of my own experience with making cold calls. I can identify with the work that Chris was doing and I definitely can see that what he did to become a millionaire was not easy. Success is not always easy.

Success can be a lot of work and requires right-thinking.  In a scene from the movie The Pursuit of Happyness,  Christopher Gardner  encourages his son to have right-thinking by telling his son to protect his dreams and not let anyone discourage him. He says, "You want something, go get it. Period."   I love seeing this scene because these words encourage me. 



Are you protecting your dreams? Are you guarding yourself from those who would discourage you? Are you taking steps to see your dream realized? 

Enjoy seeing a You Tube video under the "Entrepreneurs" tab from the movie The Pursuit of Happyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment